Thursday, April 8, 2010

What has happened to my reality tv???

I am terribly disappointed in my reality TV lately!!! I love American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, but I am just annoyed with them. I was watching American Idol last night on my DVR (because unfortunately for American Idol I love Lost more and they overlap on Tuesdays) and I just don't like these contestants this season. They SUCK!!! There is not a single one whose album I would even consider buying. I am sad to admit that my loyalty is withering. As for DWTS I just can't get over how horrendous Kate Gosselin looks! Her dancing is horrible, but whoever is doing her makeup and hair needs to be fired. She looks like a clown and a scary one at that!!! I know that she is bringing in the viewers, but I kind of feel sorry for her because she will look back at the videos and wonder why the hell she was on this show. I am neutral on the whole Kate lover or hater argument. I don't think she is a horrible mother for being on the show (other mothers have done the show and have not received the scrutiny that Kate is getting), but I am pretty sure she should have been voted off by now. Once she goes I may be able to watch again. As for now, I am regretfully putting DWTS on hold. I think it is time to put all reality TV on the back burner and turn my attention other places. Next week some of my favorites return and as for Tuesday nights don't even bother calling. Between Lost and Glee I may not come up for air. Oh and The Tudors is coming back on Sunday and I LOVE me some Henry VIII or at least the Jonathan Rhys Meyers version (yes, I know it is not historically correct, but I am obsessed!!). Army Wives is coming back too and I love to watch this show for the simple reason it is so NOT like the real Army!!!! So I will set my DVR and hopefully have some peace and quiet next week to sink into the couch and enjoy my favorites and ignore my old favorites (so sad).

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about Kate....she looks and dances horrible...I am almost embarassed for her. I am definitely ready for her to go home, haha! :-)

    ReplyDelete