Monday, April 12, 2010

Mornings, I don't like them!

So there I was lying in bed this morning trying to get a last few minutes of sleep in and my husband thought he was being nice by leaving the door to the bathroom open. Apparently he thought he was helping me wake up gradually. I have NO desire to hear the water running (constantly) while he is getting dressed. It is just ANNOYING!! Then he comes over to the bed and starts to fan me with the pillow and then starts saying, "rabbit, rabbit, it is time to get up." I did not want to get up at 6:30 am!!!! I didn't have to be awake until 7 am to get the kids fed and John off to school in time. He knows this, but seems to forget rather frequently. I am NOT a morning person. I am NOT pleasant in the mornings. I need at least an hour to wake up and be nice. I have told him before to not get his feelings hurt by what I say in the morning if he bothers me, but he still does. I love to sleep and I HATE waking up early. This whole 7 am bit to get John to school by 7:55 is pushing it for me. I love weekends when I pretty much just ignore Mary Cate talking in her crib so that Doug has to get up and get her, then I sleep for another hour. Even then I still need time to wake up, which I usually do just lying in bed before I emerge to the land of the living. Maybe someday he will get the clue that I don't want to be woken up by anything other then an alarm clock. Until then he will just continue to get his feelings hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment