Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Dishwasher

I know that I was complaining about my husband yesterday, but I just have to do it once more. Why is it that men can not grasp the concept of how to load a dishwasher?? This has baffled me for years and when I just opened up the dishwasher from last night I was even more baffled. I think it is a pretty basic concept. You load the large dishes from back to front and then put things in descending order of size (dish wise). Pots and pans usually go in the large slot in the back and cups on top. He had put the large dishes in the center of the dishwasher with one randomly placed in at a very odd angle and then had the small plastic kids plates in large area in the back. Then he had put a couple of the smaller dishes on the top rack. I just don't get it!! Then he apparently didn't have enough room in the dishwasher so he just piled the rest of the dishes in the sink!! I could have easily fit everything in there and if I was not able to do this I would have hand washed the items that would not fit. I know that I should be happy that he did the dishes (well kind of since there were still dishes in the sink), but if you are going to do it, do it right! I have tried many times to show him how to size everything and to load it correctly, but it doesn't seem to stick.

The other thing is that when he unloads the dishwasher (which I have to say VERY rare) he does it in the strangest manner. He takes everything out of the dishwasher and places it on the counter right over the dishwasher. Then he proceeds to put everything away. Oh and did I mention that instead of placing the silverware basket on the counter, he just pours it all out on the counter! I don't say anything because I am thankful that I am not doing it, but it just seems like he is doubling his work.

Maybe they need to have "husband 101" courses before they are allowed to get married. Things such as, "How to clean a kitchen" and "How to do laundry". It has always baffled me that the man can lead over a hundred men into combat and not get a single one killed and yet he can't figure out how to load the dishwasher. Oh well, for now I will just be thankful that he is helping out.

No comments:

Post a Comment