Tuesday, April 6, 2010

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever just had one of those days??? Today was one of them. Of course I had to go and get my car registered. Sounds easy enough, right?? I looked online and made sure that I had all of the required paperwork and went on my merry way around 8:45 this morning. Around 3 pm I finally got back home. I waited in line for an hour and a half the first time only to find out that I needed some VIN verification form (which was not mentioned online). By this time it is time for me to pick John up from school. Did I mentioned that I broke down in tears in front of the clerk at the county tax office when he told me I would have to come back and wait in line again! I HATE crying in front of people, but I was done. I know it wasn't his fault, but once the tears started their was no stopping them. It is emotionally trying waiting in line for an hour and a half with a 19 month old. So I picked John up and then went to the Express Lube place to get the inspection/VIN thing done. While I was there I figured that it was time to get my oil changed anyways, so why not just do it there. Express Lube my ass!!! It took them almost 2 hours to finish my my oil change and inspection. Then of course the guy comes in and is saying that my power steering fluid was low and that my fuel filter was horrible, so $130 and 2 hours later I walked out of "Express" Lube. Oh, did I mention that fact that it was FILTHY in the waiting room and my dear sweet 19 month old decides that this is a fabulous time to lay on the floor and there was this really annoying guy who would NOT shut up! I am pretty sure that the stressed out look on my face did not say, "Please engage me in conversation." So, back to the tax office and another hour in line, now with 2 kids. When I finally get up there the lady asks if I brought the original sales receipt for my car to show the taxes that were paid, or they would have to charge me taxes on the value of my car. So, back out to my car to look for the receipt, which is not there (hello, the car is 6 years old). I go back inside and explain to the lady I don't have it, but we bought the car in Texas so I don't understand why I have to pay taxes on it again. Oh, now she is all of a sudden able to look it up on her computer. You would think she might have asked me where we originally purchased it at before I went outside to look for the receipt. In the end I got my new plates, but lost ALL sanity for the day. My poor husband when he gets home. I am pretty sure I am going to give him the kids and lock myself in our room. I am DONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment