Monday, April 19, 2010

Cleaning

I spent most of my day staring at a pile of clothes that needed to be folded. I was hoping that they might fold themselves, but that never happened. I also put off unloading the dishwasher and reloading it for that matter until a little while ago. The root of the problem is that I HATE cleaning!! I have a true dislike for the act. I do it, don't get me wrong, but I am NOT one of those people whose house you can stop by unannounced because it is always perfect. I would be mortified if someone was to stop by without calling first (especially on a Monday)! My house is not filthy, but it is not neat. I don't make beds everyday. What is the purpose? You are just going to get right back into them later on that night and mess them up again. This drives my husband insane. He loves a nice fresh bed. Too bad for him:) I will usually clean my kitchen once a day ( I really don't like dishes in the sink when I wake up) and will try to put the dirty clothes in the laundry room, but that is about where it ends. I don't vacuum and dust daily and I just don't stress over it. Life goes on and I will get to it eventually.

What I don't understand are people who claim that they like to clean. Really??? Do they really like to clean?? I get the whole liking a clean house. So do I, but it is a LOT of work. Do they really enjoy the act of dusting and mopping? Do they enjoy scrubbing bathrooms (which by the way is my least favorite chore)?? I guess to each his own, but really!!! If they truly love cleaning that much they are more then welcome to come and get their kicks at my place. I will volunteer my house for their happiness.

So as I ponder this the clothes are still sitting on the loveseat waiting to be folded and more are in the dryer waiting to be piled on top of the other ones. Maybe I will get to them tomorrow. As for now they are not going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment