Thursday, April 15, 2010

Everything Must Go!

I have started what I usually refer to as the premove purge. We are moving in July (again) and I am ready to purge my house of everything. We didn't get to do this when we moved from California because of the whole 6 month limbo with the kids and me at my parents house while Doug went to various schooling. So things have gotten out of control. Our garage is literally overflowing with crap that we have collected over the past few years. Much of which can probably just be thrown away, but I am pretty sure that the "locals" here like to buy anything and everything at yard sales. So, I am just going to put everything out and what doesn't get sold is going to get donated. I just can't take it anymore. We have been piling up stuff since we moved here for a yard sale, but I am now taking it to a new extreme. I went through a closet yesterday and decided that if I haven't used it or the kids have not played with it since we have been here we don't need it. The kids may have some issues when they see all of the toys I am putting up for sale, but they will get over it. I mean the sit-n-spin looks great, but it just takes up room and even though Mary Cate loves the wagon it too just takes up space for the amount that it gets used. Gone too will be the train table (and trains), the Leap Frog table, two tricycles (Mary Cate will want a pink one anyways not a Harley Davidson or a Cars movie one), the Elmo tool bench and over things that have yet to be named. My kids have TOO much and it is time to thin things out. I don't want my new house to be overflowing with toys!
The hardest thing will be to have Doug put some stuff out. The boy gets very attached to things and does not like to let go. He even has clothes from high school that I keep on wondering why they are in our closet. I usually go through my clothes at the beginning of each season and if I did not wear it the last time it gets donated. Doug not so much. He is just going to have to get over it. When I was going through the coat closet yesterday I counted 12...count them 12 coats of his!!! Why does one person need 12 coats??? The funniest thing is that so many of them looked alike! Sometimes I just don't understand my sweet husband...it is a good thing he is so darn cute:)
Hopefully I will make a little bit of money off of this purge that will help to offset me shipping my car instead of driving it all the way to Virginia. In the end though I will just be happy that my garage and house will be emptier and I will have less to unpack in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment