Monday, May 31, 2010

This Just SUCKS!

So on this Memorial Day I got to take my sweet husband to the airport so that he could deploy to Afghanistan. This is the third time I have had to do this in the past year. I am over it!! The worst part of a deployment is the goodbye. Everything else is fairly easy once you get over the initial goodbye. Even though I know he is only going for 45 days this time it still sucks! One day in that place is too long for anyone. I support what my husband is doing 100 percent and I am SO proud of him. He truly is my hero. I LOVE being an Army wife, but sometimes the things that come along with the job just suck. There is no other way to say it. At least I know that at the end of this deployment I get to move. I have SO much to do between now and then that I should stay pretty busy. As I say that this sucks I still know that I have it so much better then the families whose soldiers deploy for a year or more. I have been there and that truly is one of the worst feelings to come home after that goodbye. That first morning that you wake up alone and realize that you still have a whole year ahead of you seems so daunting.
So, on this Memorial Day I remember all of those soldiers who have given their lives for the freedom of our country. I also remember all of the soldiers who are fighting for this freedom right now. They are true heroes and deserve so much more then they sometimes get. I am proud to call one of these heroes my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment