Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day! It is the one day out of the year that I don't feel the least bit guilty about sleeping in and letting my husband get up with the kids. So tomorrow I plan on sleeping in until at least 8:30 (isn't it sad that this is considered sleeping in now). I am going to take a LONG shower (actually shave all of my legs...once you have kids you will know that this is a luxury) and dry my hair nicely (which means I will use a round brush and not just pull it into a half wet ponytail so that I can expedite the process). My husband is taking me to the Mother's Day brunch at the used to be officer's club on post. I love brunches. I love the fact that I can eat breakfast and lunch all in the same meal. Plus, I am going to splurge and have dessert, since I have haven't had anything sweet in two weeks (I was SO good and did not have cake the other night). Then we are going to go and get me a new pair of sunglasses to replace my beloved Coach ones (which I LOVE and hate that they are scratched to oblivion). I was never an expensive sunglasses person until I bought my Coach ones and now I don't think I can go back to cheap ones. It is kind of like purses, once you start buying nice expensive ones it is REALLY hard to get cheaper ones. Luckily I have had the sunglasses for three years so we have gotten our monies worth out of them, the purses just may be a different story (Oh, did I mention I got a new Coach bag as my Mother's Day gift?).

I have SUCH a sweet husband and am SO lucky to have him in my life. I know that tomorrow is going to be a great day especially since he doesn't have any buddies around here to go to a bar with on Mother's Day (yes, it really did happen a couple of years ago and I may never let him live that one down). So, happy Mother's Day to all of the current and future moms out there.


Workout...

I am still going! I have done 2 days of level 2 and Jillian Michaels is not kidding when she says she wants you to feel like you are going to die. I really do during the workout. I don't know if I really see the results yet, but my husband (who was gone all this past week) says that he can tell that my stomach is flatter and that my face is thinner. That is encouraging. I am down about 5-6 pounds on the scale. I am proud of myself that I have kept this up. I only have 49 more days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment