Friday, September 10, 2010

You Have Got to be Kidding!

About the time that the movers were moving us into our house I contracted Hand Foot and Mouth disease from my sweet little girl. This was about a month ago now. After a week of painful blisters on my hands and feet and inside my mouth I thought that I was good. Well, little does the online info on this illness tell you that a few weeks later your hands and then feet would start to peel! Yuck, as if the initial onslaught of this thing wasn't enough it had lingering effects! So my peeling just ended a few days ago. I thought I was good. No more peeling hands and feet and then it hit today....the best part of it all...PEELING NAILS!!! Yep, you heard me right, one of my nails is peeling up from the base. It is just gross. I started to notice that the area above the cuticle was getting really light and then a little while ago I noticed what I thought was my cuticle, but to only find out that it was peeling upwards and that it was my nail. Thank goodness there seems to be new nail underneath, but come on this is getting ridiculous! I am freaking out that my nails are going to fall off and that my toenails are next! I just paid almost 50.00 bucks for a pedi last week. I don't want it to peel off from the nail. I am hoping that it will be a one nail event since none of my other nails seem to be discoloring. Hoping and praying! The thought of the whole thing just has me weirded out. Luckily Mary Cate never had any of this peeling business. Good thing, I can't imagine dealing with a toddler whose nails are peeling off. I am hoping that this is the last hoorah for this thing and it will finally GO AWAY! Luckily I haven't been contagious in weeks, but I just want to forget about this experience. It is seriously one of the yuckiest and worst illnesses I have had. So here is to hoping that I keep my nails (and toenails)!

No comments:

Post a Comment