Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just Haven't Had Much

Okay, so I am apparently the world's worst blogger. It is just that I haven't had anything lately. Life has been busy though with getting the house together and birthday parties. The house looks great and is about 97 percent put together. The only room we really have left is the fourth bedroom, but that is Doug's room and I am not touching it with a ten foot pole. He has went ahead and hung the deer head and the fish on the wall already. We are in dispute about the bed size to put in there though. We have a twin bed that is in the room put together right now (no sheets or anything else on it though), but Doug wants to put a queen bed in there. The room is 10x11, which to me is NOT big enough for a queen size bed and a desk. I told him that we have a full bed in our son's room and that when we have guests they can stay in his room and we will put him downstairs. He is just not happy with that option. He wants to have a "nice" room for guests. I just want to know when we started to run a hotel. It doesn't make any sense to me to have a room just for guests when we need it for other stuff. If we had a five bedroom house we would have a guest room, but we don't. I am pretty sure I will win this one in the end. Plus, our guests will want TV and cable and the spare room doesn't have it and our son's room does.
We threw a double birthday party for the kids last weekend. I few weeks early for our son, but I am SO happy that we went ahead and got it out of the way. I love to entertain. I love to cook for others and to welcome people into my home, but it is tiring. I can't imagine doing it again in a couple of weeks. Plus, it get expensive to throw a birthday party. Logic tells you that it should be cheaper to have it at home then to out source it, but it isn't! You don't have the initial sticker shock that you would at a bouncy place, but in the end I am pretty sure we spent more. Next year we will out source. The kids had a blast and it was great to see all of our friends. Now if I could just convince myself to clean out all of the excess food out of the refrigerator.
Now on to the weekend, the last one before school starts. I cannot believe my baby boy is starting kindergarten, but I am ready. I love him so much but he thrives in school and mommy needs a break. I love seeing his smiling face when I pick him up from school. I cannot wait to see him learn to read and write. We meed his teacher tomorrow and hopefully the teacher in me will stay away and I won't be too critical. It will be hard, but I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment