Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ummm....yeah....Just not feeling it....

Umm...When was my last post? I don't even remember, it has been so long. I just haven't been feeling it lately. Today is a new day and for some reason I just feel like typing will make me feel better.
I am in a funk today. It has been gloomy and rainy for two days straight and I think it has just gotten to me. Heck, I even had a good cry this morning and I am not even sure what I was crying about. It did make me feel better after I was done, but Mary Cate wasn't feeling Mommy crying. She started sobbing and we ended up snuggling on the couch for awhile. What is it about a good cry? I was just walking down the stairs this morning with a new pair of big girl panties for Mary Cate and I just started sobbing. I was in a fairly ill tempered mood before that, which my poor husband took the brunt of before he left for work. Poor guy, he left by telling me that when I am bitchy in the morning it ruins the rest of his day. The comment kind of pissed me off, but in the end I just felt guilty. So there I ended up sitting on the toilet (with the lid down, using it as a seat) watching my two year old sit on the potty sobbing for no apparent reason. Yes, that was the start of my day. Puffy eyes and all it did feel good to get whatever it really was off of my chest (still trying to figure that one out, but I would guess some kind of hormones would be involved and NO I am NOT pregnant)!
I guess I should recap a little of my life over the past couple of months. Nothing too exciting, but just the same...

The terrible twos are in full swing in this house. John never went through this stage, so this is something new. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Mary Cate is adorable, but man is she stubborn and opinionated. She gets that from both sides. There are many days it is a good thing she is so adorable, because she would be hard to take if she wasn't. At any given moment there is some kind of tantrum going on in this house. Whether it be about wanting a certain Mouse or Hispanic brunette on the TV, or wanting some kind of chocolate concoction out of the pantry (she is my child after all) she is has the tantrum down pat. Three can not get here quick enough!

We have signed John up for two different activities, Cub Scouts and Tee Ball. Both are proving to be much more of a commitment then originally thought. Lets start with Cub Scouts. Cub Scouts starts in first grade, but you can sign the kid up in the spring before so they can attend summer camps. Sounded great to me! So at the spring orientation I go up to the summer camp table and tell the lady that he would be a tiger scout and I wanted to sign him up for a day camp. She immediately told me that I would have to attend with him each day. Seriously?? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of sending your kid to summer camp? I want him to go to summer camp so I can have a break! I don't want to go to tiger scout camp!!! Heck, I didn't even enjoy Girl Scouts! In the end we signed him up for a one day Saturday camp that my husband will be attending with him. My poor husband has also been persuaded to become the den leader. He tried to say no, but the cub scout master would not take no for an answer and in the end he was a higher rank then my husband and I am pretty sure that Doug felt like he could not say no. Now I am worried that with Doug being gone so much I am going to get roped into doing the majority of the stuff. NOT FUN!!! I told Doug that I am not going to wear the uniform and that I don't camp. That is where I draw the line!
Tee Ball started last week and has now turned into a four day a week commitment. Two practices and two games a week. It is Tee Ball people! They are trying to kill me! At least this is cute to watch and I do like the coach, but have to admit that the other mother's on the team leave a lot to be desired and are not that approachable. Oh well, it is only until the second week of June! I may lose my mind between now and then.

On a happier note, I did get yelled at by a crazy lady at the bus stop! Short version of the story is that our kids are in the same class and they don't mix well. I was getting notes that John became friends with a kid who didn't make the right choices and that kid was her kid. At age 6 I feel like I can still tell my kid who can be friends with, so I did and she yelled at me, saying that I called her kid a bad kid. Wrong, I said he didn't make the right choices. She also said that I was a young and naive mother. Yes, thank you for the compliment you old hag!

On a truly happy note the government shutdown didn't happen so we are getting paid on Friday!! Congress is on my list right now! I am not even going to get started on this topic. It just makes me angry!

I painted my dining room/play room. I love it! It is a light green and looks SO much better!

We are tackling potty training. Not very successfully, but trying. This is one of my least favorite things to do.

Doug has been home more lately. By home, I mean sleeping in our house. If he isn't traveling for work they are working him until 8 pm or so at night. He gets home just about the time I am ready to sit down and watch one of my shows. The sacrifices we make...

Doug's truck got hit at the O'Club's parking lot last week. They did over $1000 in damage and left without a word. Thank goodness for good insurance and an uninsured motorist clause that lowered our deductible to $200. Still annoying!

Doug is leaving to go hunting on my birthday this year. I have been told I am not allowed to complain since I gave my permission (I didn't really know I had a choice in the matter), because it will ruin the experience. This will be year three that he has missed my birthday. Maybe he might send me a cake this year. We will see...

I just realized I started the last three things with Doug.

I have gained 10 pounds since December. IT SUCKS!!! Jogging stroller came out of storage on Sunday and as soon as it stops raining it is on.

Speaking of Jogging Strollers, Doug asked me if I wanted to run the Army 10 Miler with him. Umm....NO! I can't even run a mile let alone 10 and I don't think that running 10 miles sounds like fun.

Things that have not helped my weight....COSTCO!!! They had this amazing tuxedo mouse cake last weekend. It was by far one of the best things I have ever eaten!

The fish are still alive....(Sorry I looked to the right and noticed them) This isn't for anything I have done for them. I don't think I have cleaned the tank in the past two months.

NEVER EVER go to the Smithsonian during spring break the day before a possible government shutdown. IT WAS HELL!!!!! I wanted to kill some teenagers.

We moved Mary Cate out of the crib and have gotten rid of the binkys. It seems so weird she is getting so big and is talking in full sentences. She is hilarious. My new favorite is when she brings me a pull up and tells me to, "Change my butt."

Okay, I think that is it. Maybe I will be better at this. Maybe someone actually reads this, but I am not sure of that one. It did pick me up a little today though and for that I am thankful.

Oh yeah, I am not proofreading this either, so oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment