Friday, January 7, 2011

Some people have a tornado. I have a HURRICANE!!

I am tired. Just plain tired this week. I have been trying to keep a house that resembles clean, but unfortunately each time I do something I have this little helper behind me that undoes EVERYTHING! My dear sweet husband would just tell me that she is just helping, but I am tired of being helped. I want a day or maybe two that I can clean and organize my house and it STAYS that way for more than 5 minutes. It is just discouraging to clean a room, start on another and then when I turn around the room I just cleaned is littered with toys or various other things my sweet little "Biscuit" has dragged out.
Today I am trying to get some laundry done, so that I am not drowning in it on Monday (you should have seen my pile this past Monday). I folded an entire load of laundry, placed it in the laundry basket to take upstairs, went into the kitchen to get a water and when I came back ALL of the clothes were back on the floor and there was sweet little "Biscuit" in the laundry basket. It is a good thing she is cute!
I just finished picking up various play kitchen items off of the family room floor and took them back into the playroom. I am sure once she wakes up the same toys, plus a few additions will be back on the floor in the family room. Hopefully I will be able to run a quick vacuum over the carpet before this happens. Speaking of vacuums and carpets have I mentioned her love of dumping various food items off of one plate and into some other vessel (not always a plate or a bowl). I have to vacuum EVERY day lately or else I stepping on pieces of cheerios, cookies, chips, and today's addition turkey lunch meat (I got that up very quickly). She is either going to be a chef or a chemist. She has a love of transferring food or other objects from one thing to another.
I have decided that it is a good thing that I am not OCD about a clean house. If I was I would NEVER get any rest with my sweet little "Biscuit", although I am just going to start calling her Hurricane "Biscuit" (speaking of biscuits, I found those on the floor yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment