Thursday, December 16, 2010

SNOW!!!

I am a kid at heart and I LOVE snow!!! So when I woke up this morning and knew there was a chance of snow today I was so excited! This being said I went along with what the weatherman said and got my errands out of the way since he said the snow would not start until 11 am. So after the bus came this morning off I went to Khols to get nylons (gag...I hate wearing them, but we have a formal tomorrow night). When I went into the store the sky was cloudy, but no white stuff, thirty minutes later I am leaving and the roads were white! Now I am a southern girl. I am not used to snow and when it does happen I am at home and don't have to worry about driving in the stuff. Not to mention that usually when it snows it takes awhile for it to stick to the roads. Oh no, not today. I am so thankful that I made it home in one piece. I did fishtail a few times and had a scary turn, but in the end I made it and my car is still in one piece (good thing, because I did not really want a new car for Christmas). Now that I am home and warm in front of the fire I will enjoy all of the snow falling from the sky. I have the fireplace on and am thinking that some hot cocoa is in my future. The only thing I am not looking forward to is getting John at the bus stop. School is being let out two hours early today due to the snow. Unfortunately I still have to walk up the bus stop. Normally I would drive up in the cold, but I am not getting back in my car today. So I will put on the snow boots in a few hours and get Mary all dolled up in her snow suit (boy am I glad I went ahead an bought that thing) and together we will walk (probably very slowly) in the snow. I think I may even bring John's boots along so he is ready.

So the rest of the day I will enjoy the beautiful snow. I know people hate snow, but I still love it and I still feel like a kid when it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment